Experts are predicting that in 2017, 74% of internet traffic will be video. Already the number of online video users has crossed the 1.5 billion mark according to Cisco. YouTube sees one billion unique visitors every month – making it the second largest search engine online after Google. Static video advertising is fast becoming a thing of the past with all the major social media platforms launching video advertising.
Why is this happening? People love video! They are captivated by the combination of moving imagery, sound and cleverly placed text, with or without animation. Here are 10 ways in which video marketing can help your business to grow:
- Videos help your customers understand your product or service: By making short explainer videos, they get to know how your product works, and how it solves their problem. This helps build trust in your brand as well.
- Explain how and why your product or service is superior to other similar products and services available in the market – define your USP; what makes you unique.
- Educate your customers through tutorial videos: Everyone loves how-to videos! They not only help engage with your customers, but also guide them on how to get the most out of your product. This boosts customer satisfaction and loyalty!
- Launch product teasers: These videos will help you create a buzz about your products. You can entice people to buy by giving them glimpses of your product and talking about some of its features.
- Customer Service: You can educate your customers about a particular topic of your expertise in a short explainer video, or even have an FAQ video, addressing the most common queries posed by customers about your product or service. This will impress your customers and help in building long-term relationships and increase brand loyalty.
- Explain your vision and goals: Your customers are your stakeholders too, and they deserve to know what your company and brand stand for; what your vision is, what your goals are, and how you intend to achieve them; it is especially helpful if you’re planning to go public to raise capital for your company. What better way to do this than through videos? This will go a long way in building and maintaining trust in your brand.
- Tell your story: Who doesn’t love stories? Make a video telling people how you started – just chance or diligent perseverance? Success at first shot, or after many failed attempts? This will create an interest in your business, and allow your customers to know they are dealing with people and not just a faceless entity.
- Convince through case studies: case studies serve to convince potential customers with actual proof; however, they can be a bit painful to read. But the same thing presented in video form will interest people, and convince them about your product, thus helping you gain more new customers.
- Enhance your social media marketing: you can do this through the launch of funny, entertaining videos and posting them on your social networking accounts.
- Entice mobile users: More and more people prefer browsing and shopping on their mobile devices; it’s easy to attract attention of mobile users through videos – it’s much easier for them to view videos than read text!