Video is a very powerful marketing tool. Are you still shying away from using it? If so, here are 12 compelling reasons as gleaned from businesses who have tasted success with it:
- People love videos: It’s no secret that people prefer to consume videos rather than text; they are easy to digest and deliver the required info in a compact package. Smartphone users also prefer to watch videos. Videos help your target audience remember better too.
- It’s easy to educate with video: When customers see your product or service in action, they can really understand how it works. It makes selling easier. You can explain your product in the video just as if you’re talking to the customer face to face. Animated videos are great for bringing concepts to life in an entertaining and simplistic way.
- Videos build trust: When people see videos explaining your products, it helps build trust among your customers; they will be more confident about buying your products online. It will also help you build long term relationships with them. When people trust your brand, they will become your advocates; that is spread the word among their friends and family.
- Boost conversion and sales: Studies show that when you add a product video to your landing page, you can increase conversions by up to 80%, and lead to sales directly. Vision is the most dominant of senses, and that’s why video has such a powerful impact.
- Great ROI: Studies also show that according to 76% of businesses, video provides excellent return on investment. Making videos is no longer a difficult or even very expensive task, and the editing tools are getting better and cheaper. You can even make decent videos with your Smartphone!
- Encourages social shares: social networks encourage video sharing – that’s to your advantage. Just bear in mind that with regard to social media, people share emotions rather than facts. Surveys have revealed that over 75% viewers were willing to share marketing videos if they were entertaining. While this is not direct ROI, social shares play a big role in boosting traffic to your site.
- Boosts engagement: Being easy to consume, video is a great educational tool. Nobody has the time today to read lengthy descriptions! Videos are able to consume, and works on several levels. Videos can get even the laziest in your audience to take action – that is, to buy your product!
- Higher search engine rankings: Google loves video – after all, it owns YouTube, the second largest search engine in the world. You can get your website ranked highly for keywords you were struggling with by traditional SEO methods. How? When people watch videos on your site, they spend more time there, signaling search engines that there is great content on your site. Just make sure you include video SEO in your videos.
- Easy distribution: distributing your videos online is an easy task today. There are many sites you can upload to apart from YouTube: DailyMotion, Vimeo and so on. It’s also very easy to embed videos on your social media pages.
- Reach every demographic: While most social networks have a specific demographic among whom the platform is popular, videos are popular with people of all ages, genders and ethnicities. That’s a huge advantage.
- Personalized experience: Emotions are naturally contagious. Don’t you feel the energy within you when someone near you is energetic and happy? Similarly, the passion you feel for your business can be showcased in videos and spur your customers to buy. Videos reflect your brand and personality in a way that no other marketing tactic can.
- Email Marketing is more successful: When you send videos embedded in your emails, you will see that you enjoy a good degree of success with that campaign. Your CTRs will increase, as people are more likely to click to watch a video rather than read a lengthy block of text.
So you see how much sense it makes to include videos in your online marketing strategy. Don’t worry if you’re clueless about making videos. Just click here to make an appointment with me, Rohan Kale: Contact us. I have successfully helped several businesses boost their online presence and improve conversions.