You may have noticed more videos popping up in your Facebook newsfeed. Obviously, it’s because video marketing is working! Videos communicate stories like nothing else can. You too can use this tool to boost engagement and drive more traffic. Here are 5 ways to do it, and the inspiration behind each one:
1. Educate: Nothing works better than giving tips and guidance to your audience! How-to videos are always popular with viewers. Remember to keep these videos short and fun. This way, people will readily share, and watch it too. Lengthy videos may not be watched till completion – and your purpose is defeated! A great example is Food Network. Their 20 seconds to 1-minute videos quickly guide viewers to make chicken drumsticks, fudge and more. Check it out: Pizza pot pie
2. Inspire: Everybody is looking for inspiration today; why not give them what they want? You don’t need a professional team to shoot your videos – you can use your own phone or camera and then use a tool like Animoto or similar to create a video. Marie Forleo, TV host and entrepreneur answers queries sent by her followers in inspirational videos to help them do better in business like this one: Click here
3. Entertain: Of course! Without entertainment value, videos would just not succeed. Entertain your audiences as you educate and inspire them; you don’t have to veer off-topic to do that. One way to do it is using animated videos with a business purpose; you could also use informal workplace interviews. Watch this video that was made by Parallel Consumerverse warning about the pitfalls of over selling: If Retailers were like Google. Buzz Feed regularly posts funny marketing videos on their Facebook page.
4. Invoke emotion: To get people to really connect with you emotionally, you need to pick on a point that most of them feel strongly about. Dove’s Choose video is their featured video on their Facebook page. It successfully conveys to women that regardless of their perceptions, they are indeed beautiful. An excellent message!
5. Focus on the story: The most successful videos focus on the story and not the product. Perhaps the best example of this is the Roc Live Life Loud , a brand of speakers and headphones from Monster and Portuguese star footballer Cristiano Ronaldo. The ad revolves around the star, but the product is shown innocuously, and stays in your mind.