One of the most effective ways to get crowdfunding success is to create a powerful video that convinces potential donors about your product. Kickstarter says that a good video can boost your chances by 50%! You don’t have to be a genius director or have top-notch equipment to come up with an eye-catching video. All you need is a good Smartphone, and these tips:
1. Ensure good quality of audio and video; this is crucial. The picture should not be hazy or blurry, and the sound should be crystal clear. If you’re shooting with a phone, mount it on a tripod. Ensure good lighting indoors, or shoot outside in the day time for best results. Test shoot a scene first.
2. Don’t attempt extempore speaking unless you have experience with such stuff. Write a script and make sure it covers all the important points of your crowdfunding campaign. Read it out, revise and practice, and remember to sound natural.
3. Be sure that you only mention a couple of rewards – not the whole list. That can get boring. Reveal just enough to excite the viewers, and incite them to donate. You can casually mention that the entire reward list can be viewed on your site.
4. As with all videos, keep it short and sweet, and finish with a bang! Show the viewer just enough to excite them about your project. Yes, you want to tell them all about your project; but in the video you have to be very brief. Just state the highlights. Mention that detailed info is available on your project page; include a few photos to make it more interesting and believable.
5. Ask! None of what you did earlier will come to anything if you don’t ask for donations. Ask for help in spreading the word about your project itself, so that more people can become possible donors. It should be carefully worded: clear, and creating a sense of urgency to act, without sounding insincere.
6. Take inspiration from others who have been successful at crowdfunding campaigns earlier. Watch their videos and take cues from them.
Of course, this is easier said than done. You would still need to dedicate a good bit of your valuable time into making this video. What’s more, you may not feel confident enough to go through with it. If you’re a doubting Thomas, you can always look me up! I, Rohan Kale, have helped hundreds of people like you to make videos for various business purposes – quite successfully, I may add!
Click on the link below to set up an appointment with me, and we can work together to create a killer crowdfunding video campaign.