Video marketing works – there’s no denying that. But only if you give the audience what they want! After speaking to audiences and successful marketers alike, we concluded that these are the main types of video content people want to see:
- Tutorials: How-to videos are a big hit because they help people understand how to use, assemble or troubleshoot a particular product. A step-by-step guide is something your customers will love.
- Product Update videos: This is especially true for services and software – both get upgraded frequently; but also holds true for products that are upgraded. Put out videos explaining what’s new in your offering, and your customers will be a happy lot.
- Inspirational videos: Produce videos that inspire your viewers – most people need it. Help them get started on their targets, and become the key to new beginnings for your audience.
- Motivational videos: your videos should also encourage your viewers to take action – tell them how they can achieve their goals once they start on them.
- Videos that surprise: Revealing some secrets in the form of tips and tricks that will be useful for your audience will help you score brownie points – whether they are beauty tips, cookery tips or video game cheats.
- Feel-good videos: some videos don’t do anything other than make us ‘feel good’; yes, I’m talking about those ads which have you dripping tears of joy and warm insides, or even those that make you go ROFL.
- Wake-up Videos: No, no, I’m not talking alarm clocks for Monday morning! Making videos that deliver info or showcase life stories that challenge long and dearly held assumptions and beliefs, is sure to blow people’s minds. So go there and do it!
- Celebrity/Expert Interviews: People love to watch interviews of well-known people; If you can’t get your hands on a sports or movie star, an industry expert who’s knowledgeable and famous, will do equally well. Sometimes, interviews of common people also become hits. Just make sure you present such interviews in an interesting and humorous or heart-touching manner.
- Event videos: More and more marketers today host events of all kinds; not everyone is able to attend. So make videos of these and upload them. Events always interest people; if you have good speakers, their sessions will be goldmines for you as far as video marketing is concerned.
- Extra-Curricular activities videos: Your customers will be pretty curious to know what happens behind the scenes or on holidays and special days. Make videos showing your Christmas parties, employee picnics, lunch breaks and so on; remember these are not directly for sales but to build relationships with your customers.
Of course, merely knowing what type of videos to make is not enough – you still have to get down to the actual production! This can take up a lot of your precious time; not to mention effort. Why get into the hassle? Set up an appointment with Rohan Kale – a video production expert with years of experience. I have helped numerous clients like you create videos with just what their prospective customers wanted to see, and eventually helped them boost engagement and revenue. Just click on the link below: